Preshipment Survey Steel Cargo
Pre-shipment inspection proposed to determine and document of the cargo before of loading. commonly type of cargo is coil, steel plate, steel pipe. this survey carried out by cargo inspector were instructed by shipowner or chartererScope of works Pre-shipment inspection as following :
- Detailing description of condition of the cargo before loading.
- Full description of packaging type of cargo.
- Visual inspection and accurately description of qualitative &quantitative characteristics of cargo before loading (Condition cargo).
- Full description of storage area of cargo (open quay, shed, warehouse).
- Damage Report with a brief description of main damages and defects noted.
- Apparent cause, nature and extension of damages (Loss and damage cargo survey).
- Verifying of cargo marks vs packing list for detecting non conforming marks.
- Identification & detail report of non-conforming cargo.
- Tally/counting of the cargo lots and items at Port.
- Notification & identification in due time of non-conforming cargo or damages cargo detected.
- In case of wet cargo must be performed the Silver Nitrate Solution Test.
- In case about watertightness of hatch cover must be hose test/ ultrasonic test/chalk test.
- Protection and Indemnity (P&I) Club Survey.
- Advise to the Master about our findings with regard to the condition of the cargo.
- Letter for clausing Mate´s Receipts and Bill of Lading.
- Assist to Master to endorse the governing Mate’s Receipts and Bill.